Thank you for visiting my site! I am an award-winning wilderness landscape photographer based in Issaquah, Washington. My journey into photography started in 1998 when I moved to Seattle from Japan, and immediately started exploring the numerous national parks and forests of Washington State. By 2000 I was a graduate of The Seattle Mountaineers’ “Basic Climbing Course” and taking cameras with me into some incredible alpine terrain. My interest shifted from mountain climbing to wilderness landscape photography over the next few years and by 2004 it was my main focus.
A defining aspect of my work is that most of the images are from remote wilderness locations. Almost every image you see here was taken after miles of hiking, and often thousands of feet of climbing. Many of the destinations are off-trail, and all of my compositions are unique. Careful planning and a lot of physical effort goes into this, and I find it very rewarding when this results in a successful photograph worth sharing.
If you are interested in ordering custom prints, please visit the Contact page to get in touch with me. I will be happy work with you to create exactly what you are looking for!
- 2019 – Juried Gallery Photographer, artEAST, Issaquah, WA
- 2018 – Juried Gallery Photographer, artEAST, Issaquah, WA
- 2017 – Juried Gallery Photographer, artEAST, Issaquah, WA
- 2016 – Juried Gallery Photographer, artEAST, Issaquah, WA
- 2016 – Juried Exhibition: Community Wanderings, Issaquah, WA
- 2016 – Northwest Exposure Photo Contest, 2nd Place, Trailscapes
- 2015 – Getty Images Art Walk
- 2014 – Getty Images Art Walk
- 2013 – Getty Images Art Walk
- 2011 – Northwest Exposure Photo Contest, 1st Place, Families On The Trail
- 2003 – Northwest Exposure Photo Contest, 1st Place, Trailscapes